In 12 hours, I will be on a plane heading to Chicago. I’m off to my first Blog Her, one of the biggest blogging conferences in the world. Heck, I’m even speaking at it (and by “speaking” I don’t mean only to the person in front of me in the bathroom lineup). There are going to be 6000 people at this conference, 90% of whom are women. I’m rooming with four of them, none of whom I’ve met.
I don’t exactly prepare far in advance for conferences (or anything, really, including childrearing and marriage).
Given that, here are 10 Ways Not To Get Ready for BlogHer:
1. Randomly throw clothes into a suitcase.
2. Close the suitcase and pray the clothes match.
3. Get a migraine and a vertigo virus the Sunday before. Go to ER by ambulance.
4. Finish your presentation notes the day before.
5. Forget to tell people that you’re presenting.
7. Spend more time cross-referencing three weather apps for the Windy City than you spent cooking dinner for the past week.
8. Have no idea where you’re staying the final night.
9. Realize that everyone you know is already in Chicago by the time you write this post.
10. TBA (this point will no doubt write itself during the trip).
How do you prepare for trips away?