I’m combining two of my passions.
Not sipping tea and chugging wine.
Humour and writing.
And I’m going to share everything I know.
I’m teaching a ninety-minute webinar with WANA International, entitled How To Write Funny (Er): 10 Humor Techniques for Writers of Fiction and Nonfiction.
Date: Wednesday, April 24
Time: 8:30-10:00 PM EDT (Have fun doing Time Zone Math…)
Cost: $45 for normal people, but since you read my blog you can enter the discount code “Leanne10” and receive the course for $35.
6 Reasons Why You Should Take “How To Be Funny (Er)” webinar:
- To make your fiction (and nonfiction, including blog posts) more marketable. Humor can improve all writing, including serious, heavy themes (one of the examples of humor I’m going to share is from The Boy in the Striped Pajamas)
- To figure out how to make your Twitter and Facebook updates original, engaging, and laugh-out-loud funny. Although I’m primarily discussing full-length works, I’ll use many examples from Twitter to demonstrate the structure of a joke.
- Because you will learn 10 actual strategies you can start using in your writing that very day.
- To laugh. We will take apart short humor examples from picture books, young adult, popular and literary fiction, and nonfiction. They will be funny. You will laugh.
- Because you want to see my hair stick up. Yes, my webcam will be on. This also means I’m due to have an acne breakout that day.
- To enter to win a copy of my book, DON’T LICK THE MINIVAN: And Other Things I Never Thought I’d Say to my Kids.
If you want an even bigger discount on the webinar, sign up for my newsletter by clicking here: SUBSCRIBE TO IRONIC MOM NEWSLETTER. I’ll be sending out an even bigger discount code in a couple of days. Plus, I have some good news I’m going to send out to newsletter subscribers first. Just to be annoying. So even if you aren’t going to take the webinar, sign up for the newsletter. But you should take the webinar too.
Finally, leave a comment. About anything. Like what you’re reading…or what you’re not reading. One lucky commenter will win a 66.7% discount off the cost of the webinar.