I am a teacher. I understand the need for school supplies and for lots of them.
But the Grade 3 school supply list for my twins’ school seems ripe for humor.
What originally shocked me was the need for 50 pencils. 50? I don’t think I’ve used that many in my life. As one of my friends pointed out, that’s one every three days of school. She also added, “That seems about right.”
Here is a close up of the first part of Vivian and William’s list.
Here is the rest of the list:
- large package wax crayons
- 1 package thick felts (Mr. Sketch)
- 1 package of thin felts (Crayola)
- 2 large, 21 g UHU, glue sticks
- 1 bottle white glue
- 1 pair scissors
- 3 boxes of facial tissue
- 5 large Zip Lock Freezer Bags
- 1 pair indoor shoes
- 1 white, 72 paged, half lined/half blank 7×9 scribbler
- 1 interlined 72 page notebook
- 5 Hilroy exercise books (80 pages) 27.6 X 21.3 cm (available at Staples) not coiled
- 1 coiled manila scrapbook (30 pages)
- 15 duotangs
- 200 sheets loose-leaf paper
- 20 sheets of unlined paper (no holes)
- Rainy day activity book ie: crosswords, mazes, word search
- Headphones (new or used)
Some of these supplies may need to be replenished throughout the school year.
Please ensure that all classroom materials are sent in the first week of school.
Now, funny readers, entertain us in the comments. Do any items surprise you? What school supplies do you remember from your elementary school days?