If you’re new to my blog, I’d like to introduce you to Thing 1 and Thing 2 (pictured above). They often serve as symbols of my seven-year-old twins, Vivian and William.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 – the miniature stuffed versions – have embarked on an around-the-world tour called Thing 1 and Thing 2’s Excellent Adventure.
Thus far, Thing 1 and Thing 2 have
- eaten fab food in Tennessee
- gone zip lining in West Virginia
- been to the National Zoo in DC
- inspected the damage from the Joplin tornado in Missouri
- hung out in the mountains in Georgia
- scored some serious Klout in San Francisco, and
- have gotten lost at the post office.
You can find links to these visits here.
But they had another massive adventure this past week. They’ve been hanging out in Saint Paul, Minnesota with Mike, who blogs at the Mike N’ Mitch project. Over the past year, Mike has been cooking every single recipe from Mitch Omer’s Damn Good Food cookbook.
Let me just say he treated Thing 1 and Thing 2 like celebrities and he blogged several times about them.
These are some of the adventures Mike posted about the Things:
- Thing 1 and 2 help Mike cook.
- Thing 1 and 2 dine at Hell’s Kitchen.
- Thing 1 and 2 attend Mike’s Last Recipe party!
- Thing 1 and 2 go to the Mall of America.
- Thing 1 and 2 take the bus and visit a bookstore.
- Thing 1 and 2 decorate the tree and make snow angels.
Please visit and comment at Mike’s blog. Just click here and scroll down to see all the amazing photos. I think I’m slightly envious of my Things…
Next, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are off to Nashville and might even travel to Chicago with Leigh, their host.
If you wish to join the list of hosts, add your name to the comments section here. It may be a year’s wait, though!
And a warm Canadian thanks to Mike!