One of my favourite party games is Two Truths and a Lie. This could explain why I’m never invited to A-list parties, or even F-list ones.
If you’re not familiar with Two Truths and a Lie, it works like this. One person offers three statements about herself, one of which is false. The other players then guess which statement they believe is a lie.
Two Truths and a Lie always results in bizarre stories being shared, and it pretty much always goes sideways, drifting into PG-13 or R territory.
I’ll try to polish my halo for this post, though.
Your job is to see if you can guess which one is the lie in each sequence below.
Here we go:
- Teen Years
- I home-dyed my hair red, but it turned burnt orange.
- I used a coat hanger to zip up my tight jeans.
- I lined up overnight to get John Cougar Mellencamp tickets.
- Meeting Pro Athletes
- I waltzed with a professional football player.
- I babysat for a professional hockey player.
- I dated a Team Canada volleyball player.
- Parenting Lows
- I sobbed right after parented music classes.
- I drank alcohol right after parented music classes.
- I swore right after parented music classes.
In the comments, guess the lies.
Also, if you feel so inclined, please leave your own set of three statements, and I (and maybe other readers) will try to guess which one is the lie.
I’ll share the answers (i.e. my lies) next post.