UPDATE: Atticus advanced to the Elite Eight. I won’t be doing any more full posts on voting for him, but I will do “bottom links.” Thanks for voting and for bearing with me.
The good news: Y’all rock. Atticus beat out Belle (Beauty and the Beast) to advance to the Sweet Sixteen of Clay Morgan’s March Movie Madness tournament.
The bad news: Atticus is now facing Mr. Star Wars himself, Han Solo, in the quest to be Best Hero.
In case you haven’t see what Han Solo look like since he became zombie-fied, here he is:
Four reasons why Atticus deserves your vote (and Han Solo doesn’t):
- Atticus doesn’t yell at a large furry sidekick.
- Atticus isn’t trying to sleep with the main character’s sister.
- Atticus doesn’t need droids to change society.
- Atticus doesn’t defend Tom Robinson in order to get Imperial Galactic Credits.
Meanwhile, if you wish to witness some of my attempts at being funny, feel free to hop around the web to see the mischief I’ve wrought:
- 9 Reasons Why Being a Mom Qualifies You To Work in a Brothel (NickMom) #5 is “You’re accustomed to things being very hard.”
- Why Children Love Babysitters (Calgary Herald humor column)