One of the comments I received about my avatar last fall was this.
Since I can be a bit of a pop culture idiot, I googled “Allison Mack.” Here she is, similarly cropped:
I need my own make-up artist.
Not everyone thinks I look like an actress from Smallville, though; some people can see how I resemble animals, like pigs and dogs, and others, Joan of Arc.
In case you missed the original post two weeks ago, I held a contest for my 300th post, offering some Thai swag for the winner of the Ironic Mom Avatar Look-alike Contest. This contest was inspired by ideas from Kelly K‘s artistic son and Mr. Educlaytion himself (Clay Morgan).
The entries were fantastic. Check them out (and check out their blogs too):
- M.J. Monaghan, Thoughts and Musings
- Pig Meinhardt, Tales of a Pig Gone Wild in Texas
- Olivia Klinkner’s dog, Life Is Cross-Training
- Jessica Buttram, Meet the Buttrams
- Susie Lindau, Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
- Ellie Ann Soderstrom, Ellie Ann Navigating through the Week
- Tim Reisdorf, Tim Reisdorf Photography
- An artist’s rendering of Cecilia Gunther, The Kitchen’s Garden
- Joan of Arc, submitted by Kathy Owen, K.B. Owen, Mystery Writer
- Christian Emmett, Adventures and Insights
- Renee Schuls-Jacobson, Lessons from Teachers and Twits
- Jennifer Deibel, This Gal’s Journey
Thank you all for taking the time to enter. These pictures have made me laugh, something invaluable in the season of grading essays.
The two winners were chosen very scientifically. One was selected by Clay Morgan. I think it involved throwing darts at pictures.
The other winner was selected by my children.
When I asked Vivian and William which picture in the above collage looked “most like Mommy”, William looked at me like I were stupid and pointed to the middle one. Vivian comprehended my instructions and chose.
So, with thanks to Clay and Vivian (okay, and William), the two winners are:
Congratulations, Christian and Susie! Both your pictures scare me just a little (well, Christian’s scares me a lot). Some Thai goodies are coming your way once you email me your address and I drag my butt to the post office.
Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you about my husband’s entries. He pulled them off the internet. These are the celebrity pictures he believes most resemble my avi:
I bet Allison Mack doesn’t get this much flack.
Any comments on any of the avatars?
Any ideas on how I should pay back my husband?